The Mini toolbar was introduced in Word 2007. It appears when you are working with text and objects in your document. Many people love the Mini toolbar, it puts commands right where you need them most – immediately beside the part of your document that you’re editing.
For other people, the Mini toolbar is distracting, and annoying. It can obstruct the very text you’re trying to format. If you don’t like the Mini toolbar, you can disable the Mini toolbar easily by following the steps below:
- Click the Office button (2007) or File (2010)
- Select Word Options
- Click Popular in the left column
- Deselect “Show Mini Toolbar on selection”
Microsoft Word quick word, sentence or paragraph selections
The quickest and fastest way to select a word, sentence or paragraph of text within all Microsoft versions of Word by using the mouse and keyboard keys. No more clicking and dragging the mouse with varying results!
To select a:
double-click anywhere in a word (this also works great when you’re renaming a file)
Ctrl+click anywhere within a sentence
triple-click anywhere within a paragraph
You can automatically colour specific incoming emails.
By doing this you will immediately know when you have received a message from an important client or someone special. It’s easy.
- In the Inbox, select the email (sender) message you —- want to colour code.
- Click on Tools menu, click Organise.
- Select Using Colours.
- Make your selection.
- In the Inbox, select the email (sender) message you – want to colour code.
- Click on Tools menu, click Organise. (Above your -Inbox, Ways to Organise Inbox pane will appear)
- Click on Using Colours (email address highlighted).
- Select your colour.
- Click on Apply Colour.
- Close the Organise pane by clicking the X in the upper-right corner of the pane.