Transposing data is easy using the built-in Transpose feature, but there is another way. You can use Paste to transpose your data.
- Select the data (table, spreadsheet) that you want to transpose.
- Copy it to the Clipboard using Ctrl+C. For instance, the example table (shown right) is in A3:E9.
- Select the top-left cell of the range you want to copy the transposed data to (A11 for instance).
- Click the Home tab (if necessary).
- Click the Paste drop-down in the Clipboard group.
- Click Transpose (the last icon on the second row).
- That’s it! Excel’s Paste feature quickly transposes the data.